Free website that provides anonymous proxy ways to blocked sites
- Category Proxy tools
- Program license Free
- Version 2.9
- Size 183.30 kB
- Works under: Windows 2003 / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows 98 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by VPN
ProxyFree is a free VPN (virtual private networking) software that allows you to protect your privacy while browsing at home, at work and abroad.
Think of it like this: when you visit a website, your device sends and receives data. You’d think that because you’re connected to the website the only one that could see that data would be you, but you’d be wrong.
Your ISP can see where you go online, advertisers on the website can pull information about how you got to the website and where you’re located, and hackers can even pull this data out of thin air if you’re using an unsecured public hotspot.
But what if it didn’t have to be that way? What if you could keep yourself secure wherever and however you get online? With ProxyFree you can!
The great thing about this free app is that it doesn’t just protect the security of your data – it also unlocks full access to the web regardless of restrictions placed on your connection. Have you ever had content blocked on YouTube because it’s not available in your country? Or not been able to use your favorite social media sites while at work or in another country? With ProxyFree you’ll be able to sidestep all that and enjoy all your favorite sites and content.
It’s important to note that this is a VPN service, it won’t replace your regular internet connection. You’ll still need to be connected to the internet (either via Ethernet or a Wi-Fi connection) to encrypt your data and change your location to access different sites and media.
Since this is a free VPN service expect some limitations on your usage (for example: avoid torrenting files if you don’t want to get banned), but aside from that FreeProxy offers a lot for people looking to secure their connection at home and on the go. We suggest you give it a try and see if it’s right for you!
- Free and Safe Browsing at Home and On the Go No matter where you are you’ll be safe in the knowledge that your connection is secure and you’ll be able to access all of your favorite websites.
- Easy to Use This program is fairly simple to use, but you may want to read the tutorial on the developer’s website before you get started just in case!
- You Still Need an Internet Connection to Use It This isn’t a con, so much as a word of warning. You’ll still need internet access via Wi-Fi or wired connection, this app won’t replace that.
- Torrenting and File Sharing Aren’t Allowed Like most VPN software ProxyFree doesn’t allow you to use the service for torrenting or file sharing; failure to listen to the rules could lead to a lifetime ban, not worth it!